Artemis Fowl II, 20

Founder and CEO: Fowl Industries

artemis.h.fowl@gmail.com

answered 3 months ago
07
Jan
dearhollyshort said:
Artemis Fowl you promised to phone me once you were settled back up top and the Christmas season had finished- well that's all done now so I expect a call or all your apologising about leaving me out of the loop will be one big fat lie. We need to talk about whatever you found in LEP archives and sooner rather than later. Don't shut me out again, Artemis. Please. H x

You can expect a call this evening. I did find some interesting information in the LEP archives, but Foaly did protest some of the places in which I wanted to look so overall it was not as illuminating as I believe it could have been.

I hope you had a restful holiday season. I am back in Chicago now (I returned from Paris three days ago), so I will finally have time to focus on what may have happened with my father.

Juliet (and even Minerva) send their love and regards.

-Artemis

♥ 9 notes
posted 3 months ago
27
Dec
Happy Christmas

To all my followers and friends, Happy Christmas. I hope you have been blessed enough to spend quality time with family and loved ones during this holiday.

Family should never be taken for granted. 

Sincerely,

♥ 9 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
17
Dec
dearhollyshort said:
Alright Artemis- Indigo is getting picked up by someone else so Jasper and I are going to come fetch you. Just give me the word when you're ready and I'll hop in a shuttle! H x
artemisfowlfiles replied:

I will be ready by the time you arrive. Butler has also asked me to inform the Commander that even if there were several other officers available, he wouldn’t have agreed to any escort other than you. 

He isn’t terribly approving of the idea of coming below ground in the first place.

dearhollyshort:

Ha, well I’m very flattered that Butler has such faith in me, not sure I’m quite as good as other LEP officers these days, I’m a little rusty. But Butler doesn’t need to know that ;) alright hang tight, Mudboy, I should be there within an hour! H x

I think his faith is more centered around the fact that you won’t be planning to ambush us. He’s gotten a good deal more cautious in light of recent events— if that is even possible.

via/source ♥ 6 notes
answered 4 months ago
17
Dec
dearhollyshort said:
Alright Artemis- Indigo is getting picked up by someone else so Jasper and I are going to come fetch you. Just give me the word when you're ready and I'll hop in a shuttle! H x

I will be ready by the time you arrive. Butler has also asked me to inform the Commander that even if there were several other officers available, he wouldn’t have agreed to any escort other than you. 

He isn’t terribly approving of the idea of coming below ground in the first place.

♥ 6 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
17
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Thank you for your cooperation. You can pass along to Foaly that I will need access to the LEP's nominal databases of known criminals with ties to the surface, DNA profiles, the illegal firearms and chemical substances trafficking log, whatever your equivalent of Interpol's Fusion Task Force database is to track foreign and domestic terrorists, the stolen administrative and travel documents database, and any file that references me. -Artemis
commandertroublekelp replied:

Your welcome.

I’ve passed that along, and Foaly says that’s all fine- when would be a good time for you to come down here?

TK

As soon as is feasible on your end. I can be prepared to leave here within the hour if necessary.

via/source ♥ 3 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
17
Dec
This fever called living is conquered at last.
Lord help my poor soul.    
via/source ♥ 12 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
16
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Commander, I'm certain you've been well-informed of my current situation. If there is any possibility of you and Foaly allowing me to come below ground to access some files on the LEP's server, I would be appreciative. I am also well aware of your potential hesitancy, so as an additional security measure I would be willing to sit beside Foaly and direct him to the information about which I am most curious.
commandertroublekelp replied:

Ah, hello there Artemis- I was actually just having a long conversation with my wife about you. Nothing to worry about, honest. She’s just getting a little worried about you, but I think I’ve convinced her not to fly up top right this second.

Now, about these files. It’s not a question of hesitancy, particularly- I have long since stopped having doubts about you and your trustworthiness. It’s more that there are very strict laws about civilians accessing LEP documents, regardless of who they are. Holly can’t even access the server during maternity leave because technically she counts as a civilian during that period. What I’m going to do, though, is have a sift through some loopholes and find a backdoor for you- I know there’s one somewhere. Whatever happens, it will definitely be done via Foaly with you sitting next to him, or at least under the supervision of Foaly.

I would ask, though, that you remain patient through this process- I know it’s your father and you’re anxious to get to the bottom of his murder, but finding your own way into the server won’t get things going any faster, okay Artemis? I’m sticking my neck out for you here, so would appreciate as much cooperation as possible. 

TK

commandertroublekelp:

Unfortunately you being settled doesn’t mean the same for Holly. 

I know that in the past you have violated laws but, with respect, this isn’t a time of crisis for the People. At least not yet….As I said, I will do my best but I have a duty to keep to the law.

Working as fast as I can, Artemis. Hang tight.

TK

With respect, if you are not willing to take steps as if you’re in crisis until you’ve observed you’re in crisis— you’re already at least two steps behind.

If my father was poisoned by the People, or rogue contingent of the People acting with or without human aid, then it is quite likely there is some act planned against Haven.

via/source ♥ 7 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
15
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Commander, I'm certain you've been well-informed of my current situation. If there is any possibility of you and Foaly allowing me to come below ground to access some files on the LEP's server, I would be appreciative. I am also well aware of your potential hesitancy, so as an additional security measure I would be willing to sit beside Foaly and direct him to the information about which I am most curious.
commandertroublekelp replied:

Ah, hello there Artemis- I was actually just having a long conversation with my wife about you. Nothing to worry about, honest. She’s just getting a little worried about you, but I think I’ve convinced her not to fly up top right this second.

Now, about these files. It’s not a question of hesitancy, particularly- I have long since stopped having doubts about you and your trustworthiness. It’s more that there are very strict laws about civilians accessing LEP documents, regardless of who they are. Holly can’t even access the server during maternity leave because technically she counts as a civilian during that period. What I’m going to do, though, is have a sift through some loopholes and find a backdoor for you- I know there’s one somewhere. Whatever happens, it will definitely be done via Foaly with you sitting next to him, or at least under the supervision of Foaly.

I would ask, though, that you remain patient through this process- I know it’s your father and you’re anxious to get to the bottom of his murder, but finding your own way into the server won’t get things going any faster, okay Artemis? I’m sticking my neck out for you here, so would appreciate as much cooperation as possible. 

TK

I’m sure she is worried, but as of this moment I feel relatively settled with my decision and chosen path concerning this issue. 

Ah, strict laws. I venture to say the any one of us have violated at least a dozen of the LEP’s protocols or the People’s laws in times of crisis. I do understand that there are complications, but I remember Commander Root deputizing Mulch on at least one occasion. I am certain a solution will be found with relative speed.

I am prepared to cooperate, but I do need to stress that, for me at least, time is of the essence. 

via/source ♥ 7 notes
answered 4 months ago
15
Dec
Anonymous said:
Hay artemis. Do you know why Holly is ignoring my questions? I've been asking loads of them and she hasn't responded. By the way, that anonymous person who said that you were a bad person is a bad person. lol.

I wouldn’t know, anonymous. I don’t have access to Holly’s messages. If she has been away recently it is possible that her box has been flooded and she is trying to move through all the messages she’s received. There is also the possibility that they have been “eaten.”

Sincerely,

♥ 1 note
answered 4 months ago
15
Dec
Anonymous said:
Did you know, that you are a bad person? If you did then that's great.

I am aware that many people may view me that way, especially now.

That being said, I stand by my decisions. Everything I have done- recently or in my past- has usually been with the purpose of protecting my family. My decisions may not have been correct or even morally defensible, but I stand by them.

There are very few people whose opinion of me matters at all, and to be quite blunt, anonymous, you are not one of them.

♥ 6 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
15
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Holly, I suppose this is the time when I properly apologise to you for not being forthcoming about concealing my father's death after he was shot. To be quite honest, I had hoped that my absence here and our lack of communication over the past several months would do the job for me. Unfortunately that belief was misplaced in the light of the question you received. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have questions, I am now prepared to answer them. -Artemis
dearhollyshort replied:

Thank you for this message, Artemis. I think, as usual, your issue was that you forgot we’re not all quite as clever as you. While you may have worked out that a lack of communication meant all that, I just saw it as you needing space to grieve. Admittedly, I hadn’t really had the time to sit down and fully interpret your actions what with everything going on my side.

I understand why you had to do it, Artemis. I guess I just wish you had trusted me a little bit more. There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you, and I certainly could have kept anything secret should you have needed me to. Funnily enough, I could really have used my best friend over these last few months. I missed you.

H x

dearhollyshort:

I do understand. I’m sorry that last reply was uncalled for. I’m living off very limited sleep and you know I’m not very patient at my best. I’m just worried about you, Artemis. I know you’re afraid about how this is affecting your family, and that’s fine. 

Just don’t turn into that boy who kidnapped me all those years ago, again. Let me come see you soon please, I think you need a Holly pep talk in person.

H x

I don’t foresee turning back into my twelve-year-old self.

I do worry about becoming the twenty-year-old version of that though, it’s not something I want. I also can’t let that fear stop me from trying to fix this, though. I won’t lose my mother and brothers— not after everything I’ve already put my family through.

Butler and I are likely to be in Chicago for the foreseeable future. I don’t think we’ll be returning to Ireland for Christmas, and Butler has been reluctant to have anyone travel in any case. If you have time soon, you’re certainly welcome to come to Chicago.

And please do let me know if there’s been any progress on Trouble and Foaly allowing me to come down to Haven. Butler grudgingly agreed after I reminded him that I used to sneak out of the Manor routinely between the ages of 5 and 8— I could certainly get down to Haven by myself if necessary.

via/source ♥ 19 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
15
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Holly, I suppose this is the time when I properly apologise to you for not being forthcoming about concealing my father's death after he was shot. To be quite honest, I had hoped that my absence here and our lack of communication over the past several months would do the job for me. Unfortunately that belief was misplaced in the light of the question you received. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have questions, I am now prepared to answer them. -Artemis
dearhollyshort replied:

Thank you for this message, Artemis. I think, as usual, your issue was that you forgot we’re not all quite as clever as you. While you may have worked out that a lack of communication meant all that, I just saw it as you needing space to grieve. Admittedly, I hadn’t really had the time to sit down and fully interpret your actions what with everything going on my side.

I understand why you had to do it, Artemis. I guess I just wish you had trusted me a little bit more. There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you, and I certainly could have kept anything secret should you have needed me to. Funnily enough, I could really have used my best friend over these last few months. I missed you.

H x

dearhollyshort:

I said don’t deny it, Artemis- have you forgotten what happens when you don’t listen to me?

But whatever. You know best after all.

H x

I can’t apologise for doing what I thought was right, and I can’t apologise for trying to fix it now. I don’t know what else to do to get my family back.

I thought you at least would have understood that. I lost my father when I was a child, and my mother pulled away for years because of it. I can’t let that happen again.

via/source ♥ 19 notes
answered 4 months ago
15
Dec
Anonymous said:
If you had to go to university what degree would you do? I would do anthropology or psychology!

I have always been interested in reading History. Psychology is fascinating in its own way, but if I were to go to university properly I would pursue a history degree.

Sincerely,

reblogged 4 months ago
15
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Holly, I suppose this is the time when I properly apologise to you for not being forthcoming about concealing my father's death after he was shot. To be quite honest, I had hoped that my absence here and our lack of communication over the past several months would do the job for me. Unfortunately that belief was misplaced in the light of the question you received. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have questions, I am now prepared to answer them. -Artemis
dearhollyshort replied:

Thank you for this message, Artemis. I think, as usual, your issue was that you forgot we’re not all quite as clever as you. While you may have worked out that a lack of communication meant all that, I just saw it as you needing space to grieve. Admittedly, I hadn’t really had the time to sit down and fully interpret your actions what with everything going on my side.

I understand why you had to do it, Artemis. I guess I just wish you had trusted me a little bit more. There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you, and I certainly could have kept anything secret should you have needed me to. Funnily enough, I could really have used my best friend over these last few months. I missed you.

H x

dearhollyshort:

Like I said, Artemis- I understand. We all have families to protect. I know I would do anything to keep mine safe. I’m just sorry this has had to happen to you.

What I’m more worried about, Artemis, is your current state of mind. I’ve lost both of my parents, both to circumstances that were deemed somewhat suspicious. I know how easy it is to become obsessed. And you are getting obsessed. Things happen, terrible things happen that are beyond our control. And sometimes the only thing we can do is get back up and carry on. By all means try and find your father’s killer but please don’t forget about those people who are still alive, and still care about you. And don’t forget about looking after yourself.

Also don’t bother denying any of this- I know you far too well for that and I don’t have the patience.

H x

I’m not obsessed, Holly. I’m determined. 

As for the people still alive— I’m beginning to think that finding out who did this is the only way my mother and brother will be able to move past what I did. Beckett has only started returning my calls this past week. The last conversation I had with my mother or Myles was regarding funeral arrangements two weeks ago. I haven’t heard from them since. 

via/source ♥ 19 notes
reblogged 4 months ago
15
Dec
artemisfowlfiles said:
Holly, I suppose this is the time when I properly apologise to you for not being forthcoming about concealing my father's death after he was shot. To be quite honest, I had hoped that my absence here and our lack of communication over the past several months would do the job for me. Unfortunately that belief was misplaced in the light of the question you received. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have questions, I am now prepared to answer them. -Artemis
dearhollyshort replied:

Thank you for this message, Artemis. I think, as usual, your issue was that you forgot we’re not all quite as clever as you. While you may have worked out that a lack of communication meant all that, I just saw it as you needing space to grieve. Admittedly, I hadn’t really had the time to sit down and fully interpret your actions what with everything going on my side.

I understand why you had to do it, Artemis. I guess I just wish you had trusted me a little bit more. There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for you, and I certainly could have kept anything secret should you have needed me to. Funnily enough, I could really have used my best friend over these last few months. I missed you.

H x

The only person who knew that he survived the assassination attempt months ago was Butler. I think if I could have concealed his survival entirely on my own I would have done so, but Butler’s constant presence at my side made that impossible. 

Despite the reactions from my family, I still stand by my decision. If anyone had known my father had survived and was in a coma, he would have been a target— one I was not sure I could adequately protect if knowledge of his survival had been made public.

As I told my brothers, Juliet, and most painfully my mother, this decision does not reflect the level of trust I have in any of you. It was about protecting my father and keeping his hospital location secret. I couldn’t risk anyone being seen going to him— even I didn’t visit him. Our whole family was being watched. The fact that he was in fact killed after coming out of his coma only confirms that. 

I have to wonder whether, if I had kept his recovery a secret as well, he might not have been killed. 

via/source ♥ 19 notes